Applying To Government Funding Schemes For Your Small Business – Do’s and Don’ts Infographic
Start, Plan and Fund Your Small Business with the Small Business Startup Portal. Click here for more details
What do to when applying for your small business:
- Do apply on time: If you miss the funding schemes deadlines, your application will be denied
- Do proof the application: Get help proof reading the funding application to make sure you didn’t miss something
- Do get help searching: Searching for funding schemes is hard. Get professional help to find the right schemes for you.
- Do apply with a business plan: A critical part to any funding application is having a professional business plan along with the application
- Do be patient: Don’t give up. Funding schemes change all the time. If you don’t get funding now, don’t give up and be patient!
What not to do when applying for your small business:
- Don’t assume: Don’t assume you will get funded “just because”
- Don’t apply everywhere: Don’t apply to every single funding scheme. Especially if you don’t meet the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- Don’t forget deadlines: Don’t forget that every single funding schemehas deadlines. Be sure to know the deadlines before you apply.
- Don’t forget your plan: Don’t forget to have a business plan attached that explains your business and shows your need for funding.
- Don’t ask for too much: Don’t think just because money is available that you will get it. Ask for only what you need to be successful